Overall Economy Grew for 88th Consecutive Month
The Institute for Supply Management (ISM) issued its September 2016 Manufacturing ISM Report on Business and reports economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in September following a contraction in August and the overall economy grew for the 88th consecutive month. The report was issued by Bradley J. Holcomb, CPSM, CPSD, chair of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Manufacturing Business Survey Committee.
The September PMI registered 51.5 percent, an increase of 2.1 percentage points from the August reading of 49.4 percent. The New Orders index increased 6 points and the Production Index increased 3.2 percentage points.
US Raw Steel Production Rose Last Week
US raw steel production rose 0.4 percentage point last week as mills operated at an ACUR of 68.9 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 70.5 percent. Thus far this year mills have produced prox 67,178,000 tons at an ACUR of 71.8 percent, down from the prox 68,434,000 tons produced in the like period last year at an ACUR of 72.1 percent.
US Department of Commerce Advance Report on Durable Good Manufacturers’ Shipments, Inventories and Orders August 2016:
- New orders for manufactured durable goods in August were virtually unchanged following a 3.6 percent July increase.
- Shipments of manufactured durable goods in August, down following 2 consecutive monthly increases, decreased 0.4 percent.
- Inventories of manufactured durable goods in August, up 2 consecutive months, increased 0.1 percent following 2 consecutive monthly increases.
Modest Job Growth in September
The US economy delivered modest job growth in September, adding 156,000 jobs while wages picked up, suggesting a steady labor market as the Federal Reserve moves closer to raising interest rates. The unemployment rate increased to 5.0%.
Trump’s Billion Dollar Business Loss
Big hubbub over the weekend about Donald Trump taking a loss of nearly $1 billion back in the 1990’s which apparently kept him tax burden free for some years. Who cares? The tax deduction laws are written for people to use as needed. It was not against the law for him to do this. And anyway, “He among you who is without sin, let him cast the first stone…” Everyone uses any means possible to lower their tax burden. Do you know anyone who sends the government more than they must? I do not. More bloviating about nothing.
Cease and Desist Issued to Trump Foundation
Here is more bullcrap: New York Attorney General, Eric Schneiderman (democrat) issued a notice to Donald Trump’s charity organization to cease and desist from soliciting contributions in New York after a probe into its activities. The law “requires charitable organizations that solicit contributions in New York State to register with the Charities Bureau and to provide annual financial reports and annual audited financial statements.”
Time will tell what the truth is regarding this. What I do know is that Schneiderman should be fighting the violent crime in New York and the myriad other critical issues it faces and not playing political football for Hillary. Oh, by the way, the Clinton Foundation said that it has filed its tax information missing in New York…for the same thing issues. Funny how that gets back page attention but the left tries to crucify Trump for it on the front page. Rigged system?
Bill Clinton on the ACA
On Monday, speaking in Flint, Michigan, Bill Clinton noted:
25 million people are getting health-insurance coverage while other people are seeing their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. But the people that are getting killed in this deal are small businesspeople and individuals who make just a little too much to get any of these subsidies. Why? Because they’re not organized, they don’t have any bargaining power with insurance companies and they’re getting whacked. It’s the craziest thing in the world.”
Ooops…I’ll bet Obama didn’t like that one and I’m sure Bill took a ration of shit from Hillary for it.
Pay for Play
Here’s another attack: “Trump often made donations to State Attorneys General reviewing his business” WSJ…So what? That’s how business is done number one and number two, who is more at fault, the donor or the crooked recipient of the cash? It’s a lot of hogwash. Pay for play. Sound familiar? Hillary has done it for years, though in her case she has used her positions as a government employee to enrich herself and her family to the tune of a quarter of 1 billion dollars. Let me ask, or Trump should ask her: What did you produce or manufacture to earn this money? How many middle class jobs were created as a result of your fund raising tactics and paid for speeches. Crooked Hillary…
“MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN”
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.