The Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Report on Business for July:
Economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in July for the 31st consecutive month and the overall economy grew for the 74th consecutive month say the nation’s executives in the latest Manufacturing ISM Report on Business … comments from the panel reflect a combination of optimism mixed with uncertainties about international markets and the impacts of the continuing decline in oil prices.”
Bradley J. Holcomb, CPSM, CPSD, Chair of the Institute for Supply Management
- New orders for manufactured durable goods in June, up following two consecutive monthly decreases, increased 1.8 percent.
- Shipments of manufactured durable goods, up following two consecutive monthly decreases, increased 0.5 percent.
- Unfilled orders for manufactured durable goods, up following two monthly decreases, increased by a virtually unchanged number (less than 0.05 percent), but it was an increase.
- Inventories of manufactured durable goods in June, up twenty four of the last twenty five months, increased 0.6 percent.
US Raw Steel Production
US raw steel production rose 1.1 percent last week as mills operated at an ACUR of 73.6 percent, the highest level since February. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 79.6 percent. Thus far this year mills have produced approx. 52,000,000 tons at an ACUR of 72.5 percent. In the same period last year mills produced approx. 57,000,000 tons of steel at an ACUR of 77.6 percent.
US employers added 215,000 jobs in July, a steady pace and wages rose slightly in July but millions of Americans stayed on the sidelines in the latest sign of some slack in the labor market. The unemployment rate remained unchanged at 5.3%.
Obama’s Energy Policy
Obama announces first federal limits on emissions from power plants”
In my view, this is masturbation by the extreme left in America (and they are good at stroking themselves). There is no concrete evidence that carbon emissions are causing climate change. The earth is ALWAYS changing, getting warmer, getting cooler etc. We are as likely to have another Ice Age as we are to have a tropical planet. Additionally, look at the changes we have already made in the United States to reduce emissions, they are huge. The thing is NOBODY else is doing anything like it. The gain is ZERO without compliance by the rest of the planet. And guess what- that ain’t gonna happen. He is talking today about all the jobs which have and will be created…what about all the jobs which have already, and those that will be, lost? It is all a farce. More taxes, more regulation, less freedom…
Where is the Outrage
Over the weekend a white skinned police officer (ex-Marine, Iraqi War veteran) was shot dead by a felon who also happened to be black skinned…. over a lousy two grams of weed. There has been no outrage, it is barely mentioned on the news and yet we are still hearing about Cecil the lion, that black lives matter…but no one else’s life matters…something is seriously wrong my friends.
Tuesday 8/4/15: CALIFORNIA APPOINTS TWO ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AS COMMISSIONERS TO THE PARKS AND RECREATION BOARD…something is seriously wrong my friends…
The Atom Bomb
Seven decades ago, the United States dropped an atomic bomb on the Japanese city of Hiroshima. It almost instantly leveled most of the city and killed as many as 140,000 people. Three days later on August 9, after no forthcoming surrender, another American bomber dropped a nuclear device on the city of Nagasaki, killing 40,000 to 80,000 people. The devastation was followed by World War II’s swift conclusion.”
And here we are today, possibly on the verge of creating a pathway for the lust for death regime in Iran to attain the power of nuclear destruction. They cannot be trusted, they cheat, they lie, they murder, they torture, they rape, they disfigure. But it’s OK, Obama will have his foreign policy legacy. We may have to endure nuclear devastation ourselves from nuclear warheads they will mount on the ballistic missiles we will allow them to possess (“Death to Americans”… remember their oft declared chants). Doesn’t make one bit of sense to me. Does it make sense to you? Something is seriously wrong my friends…
The president gave a speech yesterday at American University, aimed to give Democrats a salable defense for supporting the agreement in the face of fierce political pressure. He said
Congressional rejection of this deal leaves any US administration that is absolutely committed to preventing Iran from getting a nuclear weapon with one option: another war in the middle east.” He went on to say “So let’s not mince words. The choice we face is ultimately between diplomacy or some form of war.”
It appears though, that this deal gives Iran the wherewithal to attain an arsenal of nuclear weapons in the not too distant future. This is not a partisan issue; peace on earth is at stake here. We are dealing with a rogue state who openly hates the United States and who wants to wipe our ally Israel, off the map. Iran was once the center of civilization and the Muslim radicals believe it should be again.
The question is not whether we want to go to war with Iran, the question is whether or not Iran-or anyone else-wants to go to war with the United States of America. We need to be beefing up our military. It seems to me that another world conflagration is almost inevitable at some point. What a horrifying thought. Better to be well prepared than caught with our pants down.
On page 4 of today’s (8/6) Wall Street Journal:
Iran has so far refused to allow United Nations inspectors to interview key scientists and military officers to investigate allegations that Tehran maintained a covert nuclear weapons program, the head of the UN’s nuclear watchdog said in an interview Wednesday.”
I watched the debates last night (Thursday): I was impressed by Carly Fiorina, Scott Walker, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz and John Kasich (probably in that order too). I do not think Trump helped himself. He KNOWS the issues which are important to Americans but he offers NO concrete solutions. Rand Paul is going nowhere, I think Jeb Brush tread water, Ben Carson, (whom I like a lot), though his intentions are good and he is a brilliant man, may just be too compassionate for the harsh realities he would face as world leader.
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.