The Institute for Supply Management August 2015 Manufacturing Report on Business: Economy Grew
Economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in August for the 32nd consecutive month and the overall economy grew for the 75th consecutive month, say the nations supply executives in the latest report.
Issued by Bradley J. Holcomb, CPSM, CPSD, Chair of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Manufacturing Business Survey Committee, it reports
The August PMI registered 51.1 percent, a decrease of 1.6 percentage points from the July reading of 52.7. The New orders Index decreased 4.8 percentage points, the Production Index retreated 2.4 percentage points and the Employment Index dropped 1.5 percentage points. Inventories of raw materials decreased 1 percentage point…Comments from the panel reflect a mix of modest to strong growth depending on the specific industry, the positive impact of lower raw materials prices but also a continuing concern over export growth.”
US Raw Steel Production
US raw steel production dropped 2.2 percent from the previous week as mills operated at an ACUR of 71.2 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 80.2 percent. On the year, mills have produced approx. 59,000,000 tons at an ACUR of 72.6 percent, down from the approx. 64,000,000 tons produced in the like period last year when mills operated at an ACUR of 78.0 percent.
US car and truck buyers veered around a jittery stock market in August and snapped up vehicles at the fastest sales pace in 10 years, lured by financing incentives, low fuel prices and optimism toward the economy.”
US employment growth slowed in August but the unemployment rate fell more than expected. Non-farm payrolls rose a seasonally adjusted 173,000 in August as the unemployment rate fell to 5.1%.
US Department of Commerce July advance report on Durable Goods Manufacturers’ Shipments, Inventories and Orders
- New orders for manufactured durable goods in July increased 2.0 percent. This increase, up two consecutive months, followed a 4.1 percent June increase.
- Shipments of manufactured durable goods in July, up two consecutive months, increased 1.0 percent following a 0.9 percent June increase.
- Inventories of manufactured durable goods in July, down two of the last three months, were virtually unchanged following a 0.4 percent June increase.
Midwest Economy Index
Led by declines in the construction and mining sectors, the Midwest Economy Index (MEI) decreased in July from a neutral reading in June. July’s value for the relative MEI indicates that Midwest economic growth was slightly less than what would typically be suggested by the growth rate of the national economy.
The Chicago Business Barometer held on to most of July’s gain falling just a fraction in August. While below the highs seen towards the end of last year, it’s still consistent with a bounce back in activity in the third quarter following recent weaker growth.”
Institute for Supply Management
All Lives Matter
Another totally senseless murder outside of Houston on Saturday as a uniformed police officer was putting gasoline in his patrol car and he was shot numerous times by an insane black man, this on the heels of the murders last week of a news reporter and cameraman on live TV, also by an insane black man.
The “Black Lives Matter” movement is a bunch of shit; it is a racist movement based on falsehood, false claims and lies. All they are doing is inciting people to violence, and though we are free to voice our opinions in this country, the fact is “All Lives Matter”
Our police forces are NOT militant, these men and women go out every day in unfriendly neighborhoods to protect the innocent. It is a daunting task and a career choice few make, but those who do, deserve respect, honor and appreciation from all of us, not violence and condemnation.
Just keeps getting better: On Tuesday a 30 year veteran of the police department in Fox Lake, IL (married father of FOUR children) was murdered by two white men and one black man. The manhunt continues for these scumbags. We hear NOTHING from our president or the attorney general or any other black or white “leader” (I use the term lightly) as these senseless murders continue.
So, the guy that set up Hillary’s private server…has taken the protection of the Fifth Amendment and will not answer any questions. How is this allowed?
Have yourself a great holiday weekend, the summer has slipped quickly by, seems like only yesterday it was Memorial Day weekend. The wheel keeps on turning…
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.