US raw steel production
Steel production slid 2.7 percent last week as mills operated at an ACUR of 70.4 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 77.3 percent. On the year, mills have operated at an ACUR of 72.3 percent, down from 77.0 percent in the like period last year.
The May 2015 Empire State Manufacturing Survey
Released Friday, the survey indicates that business conditions improved slightly for New York manufacturers. The general business conditions index rose, the new orders index rose and the shipments index was little changed. The index for future general business conditions fell noticeably, reflecting a positive but less favorable outlook than in April.
We lost B.B. King this week….the Blues master. RIP
Hillary has not answered a question in 3 weeks. What could she be hiding from? I wonder…
Jeb Bush misspoke while answering a question on Monday about the Iraq war. Thing is, he did not properly hear or understand the question. If we knew then what we know now (No WMD have been located) no war would have been started. It’s as simple as that. Everyone who saw the information we had AT THE TIME, thought it best that we take Saddam out, that WMD’s did in fact exist in Iraq. That the media has been hammering him about this for the last four days is simply stupid.
A US coalition airstrike has killed Islamic state’s second in command, Iraq’s defense ministry said on Wednesday. And another useless turd bites the dust. Good job!
This has been one of those “not much economic news” weeks…that’s all I’ve got.
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.